By the Numbers
Student Placement & Salary Data
$74,246: Average annual salary for Illinois Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering students graduating with a BS.
$99,596: Average annual salary for Illinois Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering students with PhDs seeking jobs in industry and government.
Where students work after graduation and other information can be found in the annual Salary Report from Career Services.
U.S. News and World Report Rankings
- The undergraduate program in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Illinois ranked 11th for 2017.
- The graduate program in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Illinois ranked 12th for 2018.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the University of Illinois #10 in its listing of top public universities.
- The University of Illinois College of Engineering undergraduate programs ranked sixth in U.S. News rankings (2017) and ninth in graduate programs (2018).
Other selected rankings
- Illinois ranked 29th in the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings (2015).
- Illinois is #1 among all universities in National Science Foundation awards (2015).
- It is the #2 public university in the U.S. for international students, according to Open Doors (2015).
- It is one of the “15 public four-year colleges with high graduation leading to high incomes,” according to the U.S. Department of Education (2015).
About our students
|Average ACT score||31.7|
*Class Profile 2016-2017
Enrollment and Degrees Awarded
Faculty Awards and Honors
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering faculty have been recognized worldwide for their achievements. Learn more about the many distinctions they have received, from membership in the National Academy of Engineering to CAREER Awards from the National Science Foundation.