Hourly Assistants Wanted
Classroom Assistants and Tutors
• Assist professors and lecturers with classroom responsibilities
• Tutor undergraduate students in chemical engineering core courses
• Available Fall 2018 (August 27, 2018 – December 20, 2018)
• Hourly wage $15/hr
Duties and time commitments are dependent upon assignment and may include one or more of the following tasks. For assisting professors and lecturers: classroom assistance; conducting discussion sections; holding office hours; grading homework sets; and assisting in the grading of reports, tests, quizzes, and exams. For tutoring: facilitate tutor sessions to help students to understand core course materials. It is estimated that the total time commitment depends upon the assignment, usually less or more than 10 – 14 hrs/wk for classroom assistants, and 2-5 hrs/wk for tutors.
Qualifications: Student applicants should be in chemical engineering and have completed or are enrolled into ChBE 422 and ChBE 424, maintain a high GPA (preferably 3.7 and higher), and possess strong communication skills. Graduate students are welcome to apply. Degrees in disciplines with similar ChemE background may be acceptable.
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by noon, May 4. Please submit your application package to the departmental office, contact information below (paper or electronic submission is welcome).
Procedures for Application:
• Complete the Hourly Application form.
• Provide class schedule or availability to serve as a classroom assistant
• Send a pdf of your DARS report.
• Provide a name and email of reference from a UIUC professor or lecturer. Hourly Application.doc
Jenny Daly / via Jadii Rodgers
Associate Director of Finance and Administration
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering