Save the Date: Spring 2022 Convocation
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering plans to hold a Convocation ceremony to honor our bachelor's, master's, and doctoral graduates (including a hooding ceremony for the latter) at 10 a.m. (doors open at 9.m.) on Sunday, May 15, 2022, at the Tryon Festival Theatre in the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
- May 2022 graduates will be asked to RSVP in the spring.
- Alumni who graduated from May 2019 - May 2021 are invited to attend to celebrate their graduation in person but must RSVP separately.
These plans are subject to change; please check this page for updated event details going forward.
December 2021 Convocation
Congratulations to our graduates on the completion of your chemical engineering degree requirements!
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering is planning an in-person convocation ceremony to celebrate your academic achievements on Saturday, December 18, 2021, at Lincoln Hall. Doors will open at 9 a.m. and the ceremony will begin promptly at 10 a.m. These plans are subject to change; please refer back to this page for updates leading up to the event.
The departmental convocation recognizes ChBE graduates who earned bachelor's and master's degrees and includes a hooding ceremony for our doctoral graduates.
May 2020 - May 2021 Graduates:
We are delighted to welcome back any of our graduates who missed out on the opportunity to be recognized for their achievements in person during the pandemic. We are looking forward to finally celebrating with you in person!
Request for Graduating Seniors:
Please fill out the following surveys to help us improve the undergraduate experience at Illinois.
- Help us improve our program via ChBE’s Senior Survey.
- Report your future plans via SCS Career Services.
- Share your personal experience via the Chancellor’s Senior Survey.
Thank you for taking the time to complete these surveys.
Name Change Details for December 2021 Graduates:
Information for instructions on changing your name to the version which will appear on your diploma and transcript can be found on the Registrar’s site.
Diploma names are displayed on diplomas and are used in the Commencement program, lists of graduates, and Commencement-related press releases.
Examples of diploma names include: using a middle name instead of a first name; using an abbreviated name (Tom instead of Thomas); using an Americanized name (Wendy instead of Haiyan); or using a name that better reflects one’s ethnic, racial or gender identity. If you’d like to create a diploma name, December graduates, please email the Office of the Registrar (include UIN) by October 31, 2021. Please be advised that in some situations, the name appearing on your diploma may need to match other legal documents you possess.
If you have any questions about your diploma, please call the Office of the Registrar at (217) 333-0210.
Required Regalia for Convocation
If you plan to participate, academic rental attire is required and can be ordered online through Herff Jones. Students are required to pay for the rental when the order is placed. The regalia is shipped directly to the students at the address provided (within the U.S.).
Key Dates to Order Regalia:
- October 4–November 16: Form open with a discounted rate
- November 17–27: Form open with regular rate and shipping via 2nd Day Air to ensure delivery
November 27: Last day to cancel orders by contacting Patty Storie at 314-369-6668 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates to Pick-up/Return:
Regalia can be picked up and returned at the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. Herff Jones also provides last-minute regalia assistance at KCPA while supplies last.
- December 10 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- December 11 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- December 12 (12 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
- December 16 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
- December 17 (4 p.m. – 8 p.m.)
- December 18 (8 a.m.– 8 p.m.)
- Regalia may be returned via the prepaid shipping label or at KCPA before 8 p.m.
- Students and faculty who are participating in multiple ceremonies should keep their regalia to wear it in all ceremonies they are participating in throughout Commencement season.
- Students who did not order prior to the deadline must go to the Herff Jones booth at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts. There is no guarantee that regalia will be available, but Herff Jones makes every effort to assist.
- Please do not contact ChBE or the Commencement Office regarding regalia. Direct all regalia inquiries to Patty Storie at 314-369-6668 or email@example.com.