At Illinois, you will be immersed in a rigorous yet rewarding program. Our students learn from experts inside and outside the classroom—they conduct cutting-edge research, intern with Fortune 100 companies, design chemically powered cars, and much more. Our alumni go on to design sustainable products and processes to transform our world.
Admission to Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering is competitive. Visit the Admissions website to learn about the process. No single factor, including test score or high school rank, will guarantee admission to Illinois. Decisions, which are made at the college level, are based primarily on the following:
- Courses taken in high school
- Cumulative high school rank (percentile)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Information in the essays
- Reporting ACT or SAT scores is optional