Tuition and Fees
Applications now open for Fall 2023 enrollment.
Applications for the Fall 2023 cohort are being accepted through June 1, 2023. We will also accept applications for Spring 2024 enrollment by November 1 and for Summer 2024 enrollment by February 1.
Start Your Application
Not ready to apply?
Connect with us and find out more.
The M.Eng. is a self-funded program where students are responsible for paying their tuition and fees. Students in this program are not eligible for Board of Trustee (BOT) tuition waiver-generating assistantships at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Tuition is based on the Office of the Registrar's Graduate & Professional Tuition Rates for "Grainger Engineering & Engineering Related." Tuition does not include additional expenses such as campus fees, room and board, books and supplies, etc. Use the Illinois Cost Calculator to obtain an estimate of your tuition, campus fees, and other estimated costs by answering a few questions. Students are encouraged to visit the Office of Student Financial Aid and explore their options/resources.
The cost will vary depending on whether a student is on-campus full-time (12+ hours per term), on-campus part-time, or online.
- For on-campus full-time students, tuition and fee rates can be found here.
- For on-campus part-time students, use the Illinois Cost Calculator to determine tuition based on the number of credit hours.
- Students in the online program are charged a flat rate per credit hour (subject to change).
International students who will be requesting an F-1 visa will need to complete the Declaration of Finances form. More information about tuition and payments can be found here. If your employer is paying your tuition, you may set up Sponsor Billing by following this link.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®)
The Office of Student Financial Aid encourages all students to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). The FAFSA is now available online. Students must be admitted to the University of Illinois before financial aid processing begins; to ensure full consideration for aid, apply online by our preferential filing date of January 5. Our Federal School Code is 001775.
International Student Resources
- University of Illinois Financial Aid Resources – www.osfa.illinois.edu/types-of-aid/international-students
- Financial Aid for International Students – www.edupass.org/finaid
- Institute of International Education – www.iie.org
- International Education Finance Corporation –www.ifc.org/wps/connect/corp_ext_content/ifc_external_corporate_site/home
- International Education Financial Aid – www.iefa.org
- International Students – www.internationalstudents.org
- International Scholarships – www.internationalscholarships.com/
M.Eng. Program Office
99 Roger Adams Laboratory, MC-712
600 South Mathews Avenue
Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Director of the M.Eng. in Chemical Engineering Leadership
Graduate Program Coordinator