Charles F Zukoski
- Elio Eliakim Tarika Chair, Emeritus Professor
- Elio Eliakim Tarika Chair Emeritus Professor
114 Roger Adams Laboratory
For more information
- Ph.D., Princeton University, 1985
- B.A., Reed College, 1977
- Colloid and Interfacial Science
For more information
Selected Articles in Journals
- B. J. Anderson and C. F. Zukoski," Rheology and Microstructure of an Unentangled Polymer Nanocomposite Melt," Macromolecules, 41, 9326–9334 (2008).
- R. C. Kramb and C. F. Zukoski, "A Metastable van der Waals Gel: Transitioning from Weak to Strong Attractions, Langmuir, 24, 7565-7572 (2008).
- E. B. Mock and C. F. Zukoski, "Determination of static microstructure of dilute and concentrated suspensions of anisotropic particles by ultra-small angle X-ray scattering," Langmuir, 23, 8760-8771 (2007).
- E. B. Mock and C. F. Zukoski, "Investigating microstructure of concentrated suspensions of anisotropic particles under shear by small angle neutron scattering," J. Rheol., 51, 541-559 (2007).
- V. Gopalakrishnan and C. F. Zukoski, "Microstructure of equilibrium fluid clusters in colloid-polymer suspensions," Phys. Rev. E, 75, 021406 (2007).
- T. D. Pfister, A. Y. Mirarefi, A. J. Gengenbach, X. Zhao, C. Danstrom, N. Conatser, Y. G. Gao, H. Robinson, C. F. Zukoski, A. H.-J. Wang, and Y. Lu, "Kinetic and crystallographic studies of a redesigned manganese-binding site in cytochrome c peroxidase," J. Biol. Inorg. Chem., 12, 126-137 (2007).
- V. Gopalakrishnan and C.F. Zukoski, " Viscosity of hard-sphere suspensions: Can we go lower ? ," I&EC Research, 45, 6906-6914 (2006).
- B.J. Anderson, V. Gopalakrishnan, S. Ramakrishnan and C.F. Zukoski, " Scattering for mixtures of hard spheres: Comparison of total scattering intensities with model - art. no. 031407," Physical Review E, 73, 031407 (2006).
- E.B. Mock, H. De Bruyn, B.S. Hawkett, R.G. Gilbert and C.F. Zukoski, "Synthesis of anisotropic nanoparticles by seeded emulsion polymerization," Langmuir, 22, 4037-4043 (2006).
- W.E. Smith and C.F. Zukoski, "Aggregation and gelation kinetics of fumed silica-ethanol suspensions," Journal of Colloid & Interface Science, 304, 359-369 (2006).
- Member, National Academy of Engineering, Chemical Engineering, 2007
- Alpha Chi Sigma Award, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 2002
- Richard H. Wilhelm Lecturer, Princeton University, 2001
- William H. and Janet Lycan Professor, University of Illinois, UC, 2000
- Ralph K. Iler Award, Chemistry of Colloidal Materials, American Chemical Society, 1997
- Publication Award, Society of Rheology, 1996
- Moulton Medal, Institution of Chemical Engineers, 1996
- Ernest W. Thiele Lecturer, University of Notre Dame, 1994
- University Scholar, University of Illinois, UC, 1994
- Robert W. Vaughan Lectureship, California Institute of Technology, 1993
- Everitt Award for Teaching Excellence, College of Engineering, University of Illinois, UC, 1992
- Fulbright Scholar, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Melbourne, 1992
- Presidential Young Investigator Award, National Science Foundation, 1986